Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Another Round

I have changed the name of this painting so many times, but finally decided on 'Another Round'. This painting was inspired by the songs 'Fall for Your Type' by Jamie Foxx ft. Drake. The line of the song where Drake says '...dress hanging off your shoulder, barely sober/Telling me how you moving away and starting over/Girl, quit playing you just drunk...

After hearing that line, this is what I saw inside my head and I felt strongly enough about the lyric to draw it. For my first REAL painting, I think it's pretty good, a very obscure version of Bacardi 151° -- Hey I just took a crack at it and this is what I came up with. Now that I'm looking at it, I kind of wish I would've painted her in a more domestic setting like at her house or something.

This painting is done in acrylic paint. The background and the bar top is done using watercolor and the 'salt technique' which I learned in school--Basically, while the paint is still wet, you sprinkle salt over the painting and when the salt hardens you scrape the excess and get this weird texture of like, spotty or fuzzy depending on how much or how little salt you sprinkle over the painting. Thanks Ms. Pereira! lol


No comments:

Post a Comment