Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Black Ballerina

Growing up, my sister was always involved involved in some sort of singing or dancing activities, she's a performing arts freak. She lives and breathes dance, it's her passion. She lived her dream when she became a part of her high school's dance program, now disbanded unfortunately.

I would work together with her to create costumes for her dance recitals and still to this day I give her ideas and help her create her dream costume for her shows. This painting was inspired by her, the Black Ballerina. It shows a Ballerina, who is resting, she looks nervous, her eyes are closed, she's not sure if she's good enough for the stage but she is about to go out and give the audience all she's got. That's the kind of determination I see in my sister when she dances, all her insecurities and problems disappear and she focuses on her dance.

This painting is done in acrylic paint on canvas.


No comments:

Post a Comment