Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Egyptian Diorama

When I was in high school, I took a class about hospitality and tourism and this was a project that was assigned to me. My assignment was to create a new venue that is yet to be created at Epcot. Everyone who's ever been to Epcot knows that you can go around the world in one day, if you're lucky. There are currently (11) different countries represented in Epcot and they are: México, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, America, Japan, Morocco, France, The UK and Canada. With that being said, me and my partner chose to do Egypt.

We loved the history of Egypt and the traditions, I, to this day am still fascinated with their traditions and the history of their people. This diorama was created using clay (regular Play-Doh clay) regular (thin, maybe 2-ply) cardboard and paint, the little bushes were made out of balled up sheets of paper and covered with clay. I wish I had a picture of the diorama with all the trimmings. In the end, I had included jewels, fake sand and a couple of pretend people (made of clay), there was also a PowerPoint presentation to go with this diorama.

This is one of the pyramids, it has the very famous Ankh symbol on it.


The full diorama-supposed to resemble the pyramids of Giza in Egypt. It include the Eye of  Horus (which is known as the symbol of good health). Although you can't see them, there are other symbols included on the pyramids aside from the Ankh and the Eye of Horus like the Djed which is the symbol of the God of death Osiris.

No comments:

Post a Comment