Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Weekend at Wynwood

One of my earliest mixed media collages, this creation was done using the distressed paper technique, I will do a tutorial for the salt technique and for the distressed paper technique in the future. But basically, the distressed paper technique is done using Scotch tape and paper, you can give it a aged looked by pressing the tape to the paper and carefully ripping up the tape and painting over the paper in a yellow, this can be a sunny yellow color but go as light as you can. You can also glaze over it to give it a laminated look.

This piece was inspired by one weekend my cousins and I attended Miami ArtWalk. It's very fun, it can get a little too crowded for my liking sometimes but it's a lot of fun considering I'm an art geek and this is Miami. There are a couple of stickers that I took from some of the galleries, one of the galleries were giving out free cupcakes and that kitty was printed on the box so I decided it would be cute to put the kitty in this piece.

This piece is done using magazine print/distressed technique, acrylic paint and of course the printed media from the box. It's also done on paper in a sketchbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment