Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Marilyn Monroe



When I was in high school, I was emailing around to try to get sponsored to be a juried artist at the SoFlo ArtCenter. Being a juried artist essentially means that you pay them rent for a studio and you get a certain space (depends completely on your budget) to present your art work, no matter what medium and when I heard about the program I was psyched.

Anyway, while emailing around, I found a potential sponsor, who I unfortunately lost contact with who wanted me to draw a picture of Marilyn Monroe from the Playboy magazine and he said that if he liked it he would be happy to sponsor me. I think I did a pretty good job.

Marilyn Monroe sex symbol
This is the original picture I drew from, Marilyn Monroe as Playmate of the Month in December of 1953


This is my drawing. I was in love with it until after I colored it. I decided to use watercolor for the skin and hair because it's very soft and light like Marilyn Monroe's features. I used acrylic paint for the background, this is all done on sketchbook paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment